XF 2.1 Sidebar disappears after upgrade 2.1.1 to 2.1.2

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
I'm on my third forum upgrade to 2.1.2. The first two were flawless - no errors - no issues.

On the third one, everything looks fine except the sidebars have disappeared. All the settings are the same as previously and the style (PixelExit) has also been updated.

The only thing different about the problem forum is that it has the Media Gallery installed, which was also upgraded to 2.1.2. None of the others have the media gallery.

What could cause this?

Update: @Russ

The sidebar actually didn't disappear but it is now displaying BELOW the forum page instead of in the normal sidebar position. Using Flat Awesome+ from PixelExit, unchanged from previously but upgraded to 2.1.2. Same style as the other two forums recently upgraded.

I didn't think to check that and it displays normally in the default style.

Thanks. Submitted a support ticket to PixelExit.

You can move this to the appropriate style thread.

@Russ from PixelExit has resolved this issue.

I seriously don't know how to express my admiration for @Russ and everyone at PixelExit.com.

Their products are awesome. Their prices are more than reasonable. And their support is simply the best I have ever experienced other than with my hosting service.

Just amazing! I cannot recommend them highly enough. :)

Last edited:
@Russ from PixelExit has resolved this issue.

I seriously don't know how to express my admiration for @Russ and everyone at https://pixelexit.com/

Their products are awesome. Their prices are more than reasonable. And their support is simply the best I have ever experienced other than with my hosting service.

Just amazing! I cannot recommend them highly enough. :)
I agree with this sentiment.

@Russ and crew over at pixelexit are far and away the best at what they do.

Update: After all the original help from @Russ, now that the site was functioning correctly, I was trying to fix something fairly minor on the site (it was late, I was tired and hungry, and I obviously vastly overrated my ability to focus) and I managed to trash the customizations for the style.

Talk about above and beyond: @Russ came to the rescue, fixing code on his mobile phone, and managed to restore the customizations. Again, just awesome support!

Last edited:
Top Bottom