• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Show your online status

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It would require an add-on to remove the functionality.

You can 'cheat' by editing the templates to remove the option, or hide it using CSS.

Solidus

In template account_preferences, remove the following:

Code:
<li>
                    <label for="ctrl_visible"><input type="checkbox" name="visible" value="1" id="ctrl_visible" class="OptOut Disabler" {xen:checked "{$visitor.visible}"} /> {xen:phrase show_your_online_status}</label>
                    <p class="hint">{xen:phrase this_will_allow_other_people_to_see_when_you_online}</p>
                    <ul id="ctrl_visible_Disabler">
                        <li>
                            <label><input type="checkbox" name="activity_visible" value="1" class="OptOut" {xen:checked $visitor.activity_visible} /> {xen:phrase show_your_current_activity}</label>
                            <p class="hint">{xen:phrase this_will_allow_other_people_to_see_what_page_you_currently_viewing}</p>
                        </li>
                    </ul>
                </li>
Now in navigation_visitor_tab, remove:

Code:
<ul class="col1 blockLinksList">
                    <li>               
                        <form action="{xen:link account/toggle-visibility}" method="post" class="AutoValidator visibilityForm">
                            <label><input type="checkbox" name="visible" value="1" class="SubmitOnChange" {xen:checked $visitor.visible} />
                                {xen:phrase show_online_status}</label>
                            <input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
                        </form>
                    </li>
                </ul>

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
In this case I would recommend doing the template edit as savvy users will be able to undo any CSS changes using the browser inspection tool.

Liam W

In this case I would recommend doing the template edit as savvy users will be able to undo any CSS changes using the browser inspection tool.
(Any really savvy users will be able to send the post request manually if it isn't blocked server side)

New Joe

I'd have gone with the add on but it gave a long copyright on in the footer and I don't really like loads of copyright stuff in the footer
I went with the editis instead....