Show Us your XF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Second XF powered site is finally ready to be showcased here Doberman Chat Forum
biggrin.png
Forum to discuss Doberman Pinschers (alternately spelled Dobermann) and topics about health, training, events, rescue, breed specific legislation and history. Forums provide education by discussion among experienced Doberman Pinscher dog breed owners and lovers.

My Second XF powered site is finally ready to be showcased here Doberman Chat Forum
biggrin.png
Forum to discuss Doberman Pinschers (alternately spelled Dobermann) and topics about health, training, events, rescue, breed specific legislation and history. Forums provide education by discussion among experienced Doberman Pinscher dog breed owners and lovers.
Very nice looking site.

biggrin.png

You've dogs chatting? Now there's a story to sell.
biggrin.png

biggrin.png
Wow. Very nice. :)

This is on my xenforo test site... I was able to convert two styles to xenforo without much trouble. a saving of at least 1000$ if a designer did that for me. I used to pay to have my styles upgraded and designed for me for VB. Now, I can do that myself and to my liking.

gold.webp 1.webpgreen.webp

This is on my xenforo test site... I was able to convert two styles to xenforo without much trouble. a saving of at least 1000$ if a designer did that for me. I used to pay to have my styles upgraded and designed for me for VB. Now, I can do that myself and to my liking.

View attachment 8193 View attachment 8194View attachment 8203
any chance you will release these skins? I wanna use the green for month of Ramzan.
Hopefully, I will switch to XF by Ramzam(late July 2011 )

Finally I have a proper test site/in production site - powered by xenForo & Contentteller CMS - Doctor WatsOn - your leisure time prescription for West Sussex.

I hope to move this over to replace my vB4 site by the end of Feb 2011 at the very latest, because my traffic starts climbing again come March, fair bit of work to do yet, but at least I now seem to have a decent CMS option that integrates with xF, I just couldn't get that WordPress bridge working for some reason.

I could do with a calendar, being a what's on site, but I am prepared to continue to use the vB one for the time being and revert back to adding the events myself, just so I can dump the rest of the vB as soon as possible, because it just depresses me.
frown.png

What is that site about? HalForum?

Um....Nothing, really. It's a long story. So if you REALLY want to know, keep reading.

Ready?

There's an online webcomic called PvP by a guy named Scott Kurtz. he used to have a forum called Halfpixel. One day (November 26, 2008 to be exact) a bunch of us got on to post, talk crap, etc...and it was down. Now, this had happened before, but it went on & on. We got on our IRC channel and found out that Kurtz had decided that running a forum was too expensive and time consuming so he canceled them without any advanced warning. We talked about starting our own and such names as RePixel and HalfForum were bandied about. On a whim I registered Halforum (a typo - it was supposed to be the "HalfForum as stated above) and set it up using PHPbb. Within an hour of it going live I had about 600 users. It melted the server.

So then I moved to the new host and started figuring out what the heck I was doing. 2 years later we are here still and now we are www.halforums.com (added the 's' for specific reasons) and are trying to still find our own identity. Starting on January 3, 2011 we will be featuring daily comics by 5 different comic artists so that we have content to drive traffic to us. Before this we tried to become a forum hub for webcomics who either needed a forum or whose forums were dying. Figured it would give them an active forum to talk about their product while at the same time driving traffic to us. So more users for us and more eyes/page views for their site. Sounds like a win/win, right? Problem is, most comics are moving away from forums and are instead hitting comments only as the medium to talk about their products.

And that's our story. We're the ******* child of a successful webcomic trying to find an actual niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom