Lack of interest Show Time Remaining For Post Edit

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Andy.N

Posts only, we don't allow user-editing of thread titles at this point.
Kier, not sure if you have used LinkedIn group before but I thought it would be useful to have a countdown message at the bottom of the post to tell the user how much time they have left to edit the message.

For example, when I post on LinkedIn, it will display "You have 15 minutes left to edit this message"

For many people, they would have never realize the edit time limit that the admin set.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I created a new suggestion for this Andy, :)

I like this suggestion. It would be a nice addition for the User experience, and fit well with XenForo's ease of use philosophy.

If implemented than I hope it's something which can be set to hidden in the ACP.

I've seen this in use on other forum software and I'm not a fan of it.

If implemented than I hope it's something which can be set to hidden in the ACP.

I've seen this in use on other forum software and I'm not a fan of it.
Paul,
It's pretty much on how it's implemented. How about the subtle tooltip that pop up for a few seconds to notify the poster right after he submit that post.

It's a good UX because we have to agree that not many people would know the ACP we set for the time limit and when they go back to edit days later, couldn't find it and complain.

Would you rather have that?

I hate it. It makes me feel like I need to figure out which wire to cut when I'm rereading my post for typos. "Find the typo in FIVE seconds FOUR seconds THREE seconsds... KABOOM! Too late." I never went back to the board that had that feature.

Top Bottom