Add-on Show threads from child forums and sub-forums in parent forum view

Zimply

This might be available on the XF market soon but I'd like to have it sooner so custom development is an option.

Very simple add-on - to list all threads from child forums when viewing the parent forum. Let me explain with an example: This is the forum structure:

• Category
    • Forum 1 (Threads not allowed)
      • Sub-forum 1 (Threads allowed)
      • Sub-forum 2 (Threads allowed)
    • Forum 2 (Threads allowed)
    • Forum 3 (Threads not allowed)
      • Sub-forum 3 (Threads allowed)
When viewing the Category Page:
I would like to list the Threads from all its children/grandchildren: Sub-forum 1, sub-forum 2, Forum 2, Sub-forum 3

When viewing Forum 1 Page:
I would like to list the Threads from Forum 1 and all its children/grandchildren: Sub-forum 1, sub-forum 2

When viewing Forum 3 Page:
I would like to list the Threads from Forum 3 & all its children/grandchildren: Sub-forum 3

By default XF does not list threads from children and grandchildren or great-grandchildren forums in its parent forum.

I would like this to be a "continuous", so if sub-sub-sub-forums are added, it should show up when its parents or higher level parents Page is viewed.

Additional information would be, settings needed in admin cp.

Settings/Options for this mod will be in the Forum/Node Options page like this:

checkbox - Show child forum threads
(Shows threads from this forum and its children forum on this forum view Page)

checkbox - Show all forums and sub-forums threads
(Shows threads from this forum and its children forum and its children's children forums on forum view Page)

In the code probably you will need to create an array of all nodes which come under each parent as its children and grandchildren and great grandchildren nodes and show threads as appropriate based on which checkbox is checked, or both are left unchecked.

The currently available add-ons on XF, do not have the exact functionality as above, I know some add-ons exist which help us create a "Master Forum", but this add-on makes every parent a "master forum" in its own section.

Top Bottom