Show specified custom thread fields with article preview

Mr Lucky

OK this may seem pretty niche suggestion, but it could be really useful in a "for sale" forum to show certain fields such as price of item and/or condition etc...

So along with the photo in the preview it makes for a very nice and simple classifieds listing section.

Upvote 5
OK this may seem pretty niche suggestion, but it could be really useful in a "for sale" forum to show certain fields such as price of item and/or condition etc...

So along with the photo in the preview it makes for a very nice and simple classifieds listing section.
I actually did this when I was testing using an article forum to host my (and eventually others') writing but I had to do template mods. Basically, I added genre, content rating (PG, R, etc.), and series fields and had them showing in the preview. Being able to do it more simply would be nice.

(Before anyone says it, if I was going to do a writing site seriously, yes, I would use AMS. This was meant to be a quick, fairly simple add-on to my site at a point where I was considering leaving a writing site that hosts some of my fiction.)

I added genre, content rating (PG, R, etc.), and series fields and had them showing in the preview. Being able to do it more simply would be nice.
That might be beyond me, but I'll have a sniff around and see if I can. But yes, the point of this (and any)m suggestion is for simple core features rather than having to mod or get an addon.

That might be beyond me, but I'll have a sniff around and see if I can. But yes, the point of this (and any)m suggestion is for simple core features rather than having to mod or get an addon.
I think I found some information on doing it in a thread on here but I checked my bookmarks and don't seem to have it bookmarked so not sure where I found it. Search for "custom fields article preview" maybe?

Thanks but having had a look, it's definitely beyond me. I can see from a search other people have wanted this but no viable way for me to attempt it

Thanks but having had a look, it's definitely beyond me. I can see from a search other people have wanted this but no viable way for me to attempt it
Yeah, messing with templates isn't for everyone. I used to be a webmaster for my church and sometimes handcoded stuff so messing about with things like CSS isn't beyond me, just not my usual anymore.

I think I found some information on doing it in a thread on here but I checked my bookmarks and don't seem to have it bookmarked so not sure where I found it. Search for "custom fields article preview" maybe?
Think maybe this one. Works great. (y)

Think maybe this one. Works great. (y)
Looking it over, I think you're right. I did quite like it. Too bad my use case kind of evaporated.

Top Bottom