Lack of interest "Show Sidebar" Style Property for the Responsive Design

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Vincent

Hello,

I think there should be a Style Property that allows you to enable or disable the Sidebar in the Responsive Design.

I feel like the sidebar doesn't do any good and that it only makes life harder when wanting to reach the bottom forums, because I gotta scroll back up :)

Other people may think it's necessary though, therefor I suggest a Style Property.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The sidebar may have important information - the perfect example would be the reporting system. It's the same sort of reason why we don't generally have a global sidebar hide toggle.

The sidebar may have important information - the perfect example would be the reporting system. It's the same sort of reason why we don't generally have a global sidebar hide toggle.

What's the connection between the Sidebar and the Reporting System?
I'm not talking about the top navbar (with the Reports and Admin buttons) but about the sidebar itself on the bottom of the page :)

= The user card + staff online + members online + Share this Page.

I don't see the above as important enough to show on a mobile style.

EDIT: Nevermind, I get it :)
But still, an option for the Forum Homepage to disable it would be nice. There it has no functionality for me

I'd love remove that sidebar altogether. It takes up room and imho, its becoming an issue with themes rendering well on smaller devices. Haven't found one theme (style) that works well compared to my ugly vbulletin4 site that I would hate to ever have to go back too. But looked better on my smaller screens including iphone etc.

I'd love remove that sidebar altogether. It takes up room and imho, its becoming an issue with themes rendering well on smaller devices. Haven't found one theme (style) that works well compared to my ugly vbulletin4 site that I would hate to ever have to go back too. But looked better on my smaller screens including iphone etc.
Well this is a classic example of someone "me to be exact" not knowing what I was doing while criticizing and/or spreading misinformation.
Thanks to some help from a member here, they suggested I put <div> around my openx banner code, XenForo style works awesome. Looks great on iphones too.

Kudo's! The sidbar isn't a problem now.

Regards,

Top Bottom