XF 1.4 Show posts

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi there,

A lot of my members often ask "How can I see how many posts I have". Only new members ask this, how can I find them one link which will show them the answer? They often ask this off-forum so it needs to be a single link.

Some of their stats are displayed on the forum list, including message count.
That's not the case with all styles. The default and some styles do show these details at the top right of the forum list page but others don't (eg AV Forums). Even for those that do, this information isn't available on the forum list in responsive.

The message count is likely always available on the member's profile page, usually on the left in the sidebar or at the bottom in responsive.

You should be able to add the message count, plus other information too, into the post it so it's visible in all posts. This is controlled by Message Elements in Style Properties.

That's not the case with all styles. The default and some styles do show these details at the top right of the forum list page but others don't (eg AV Forums). Even for those that do, this information isn't available on the forum list in responsive.

The message count is likely always available on the member's profile page, usually on the left in the sidebar or at the bottom in responsive.

You should be able to add the message count, plus other information too, into the post it so it's visible in all posts. This is controlled by Message Elements in Style Properties.
Is there a single link I can give people to send them to their profile? The single link is the key for me.

Is there a single link I can give people to send them to their profile? The single link is the key for me.
No, because the URL is different for every member profile.

If they are really having trouble finding it, then post a thread explaining how to do so for your forums and include screenshots. If you then get asked in the future you can link them to the explanation thread.

Top Bottom