Lack of interest Show Post as overlay in alert

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
R

ragtek

ATM we have this text in the alert box:
xxx liked your post in the thread xxx.
it would be cool, if on mouseover on "post" a box with the post would apear (like on forumlist, if you hover over an thread, or like on my recent threads box ( http://ragtek.org/xenforo/ )

Often i'd like to know which post was liked, but it's IMHO unnecessary to load the complete page for this....

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm in two minds.. is it worth an extra query just to see a like when I can click the page and load it in less than 2s and I'm not sure if a drop-down and a tooltip in that small area is going to be friendly, but on the other hand it's a handy feature.

I like the idea, but it seems pretty hard to implement and it could possibly cause some issues...it is kinda hard to decide, I say it is best as a mod :).

I'm in two minds.. is it worth an extra query just to see a like when I can click the page and load it in less than 2s and I'm not sure if a drop-down and a tooltip in that small area is going to be friendly, but on the other hand it's a handy feature.
1 extra query?
loading the whole page needs more ressources & traffic.

I like the idea, but it seems pretty hard to implement and it could possibly cause some issues...it is kinda hard to decide, I say it is best as a mod :).
The implementation doesn't sound too hard. You query the post, truncate it, load an overlay template and put it in there. bam. But James made a good point. I'd just click on the link to see the post and other posts around it too.

1 extra query - for the message only. No need to load anything else there I suppose.

The implementation doesn't sound too hard. You query the post, truncate it, load an overlay template and put it in there. bam. But James made a good point. I'd just click on the link to see the post and other posts around it too.

1 extra query - for the message only. No need to load anything else there I suppose.
lol
once again, the process between xf getting the request and the xenforo outputs needs much more then 1 query (even for overlays;) )

lol
once again, the process between xf getting the request and the xenforo outputs needs much more then 1 query (even for overlays;) )
+1, I don't think it would really make too much of a mess design wise(xF has always been good with the designing) but the extra queries does not seem worth it IMHO.

Top Bottom