Show partial node description on highlight?

Nikolaos

As it stands, all node descriptions may be seen by highlighting hovering (thank you) the node from the index, or by opening it. What I would like to do, though, is show only the first paragraph of the description on highlight hover, and then show more from within the node itself.

Is this possible?

If I am being unclear, don't hesitate to tell me so.

As it stands, all node descriptions may be seen by highlighting hovering over the node from the index, or by opening it. What I would like to do, though, is show only the first paragraph of the description on highlight, and then show more from within the node itself.
Is this possible?

I think when your node needs a second paragraph, you might want to first try to shorten the description !!

Otherwise I like the idea.

Well, the second part of the description will be for node-specific rules. Users coming to ask for translations tend not to read stickied topics, so it has to be in an obvious, difficult-to-ignore location.

Well, the second part of the description will be for node-specific rules. Users coming to ask for translations tend not to read stickied topics, so it has to be in an obvious, difficult-to-ignore location.
It is a good idea.
But ... The hover over is a description of a forum ... not a location to put the Forum Rules.
You should probably do some template edits and put the rules exactly where you describe.

I suppose a template edit might be the way to go - that's the way we did it originally. As a new member to the world of XF, where should I look to find the proper variables for assigning node-specific markup in the templates?

Just for reference, not that it changes anything, we're trying to recreate the pink banner here.

I appreciate your time!

Top Bottom