1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show partial node description on highlight?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Nikolaos, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Member

As it stands, all node descriptions may be seen by highlighting hovering (thank you) the node from the index, or by opening it. What I would like to do, though, is show only the first paragraph of the description on highlight hover, and then show more from within the node itself.

Is this possible?

If I am being unclear, don't hesitate to tell me so.
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I think when your node needs a second paragraph, you might want to first try to shorten the description !!

Otherwise I like the idea.
  3. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Member

Well, the second part of the description will be for node-specific rules. Users coming to ask for translations tend not to read stickied topics, so it has to be in an obvious, difficult-to-ignore location.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

It is a good idea.
    But ... The hover over is a description of a forum ... not a location to put the Forum Rules.
    You should probably do some template edits and put the rules exactly where you describe.
  5. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Member

I suppose a template edit might be the way to go - that's the way we did it originally. As a new member to the world of XF, where should I look to find the proper variables for assigning node-specific markup in the templates?

Just for reference, not that it changes anything, we're trying to recreate the pink banner here.

I appreciate your time!
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nikolaos likes this.
  7. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Member

Sorry for not getting back to this - life is busy at times.

Notices are fantastic! Thanks for pointing them out.