XF 1.1 show Notice in Forum-view, but not in thread-view?

erich37

just wondering if it is possible to show a "Notice" in Forum-view, but not to show that specific Notice in Thread-view ?

Appreciate your help!

Select the node from the list at the top, enter forum_view in the content template.
Tried that and for some reason, even if I select only 1 specific node, it removes the notice from every node and page in the entire forum. Isn't there a simple solution to remove notices from a specific page? or what about the reverse and have notices on the main forum page and nowhere else?

Thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for us. Perhaps I missed something, but I think I did exactly as you suggest. If I set it the way you suggest, the notice disappears completly from every forum section, even the main home page. It has the same effect as if I had unchecked "notice is active" from the control panel.

Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 6.38.12 PM.webp

But I appreciate you trying to provide a solution.

I did that from your original post #3 and again, it removes the notice entirely and is nowhere to be seen on the entire forum. It removes it from the main forum page as well, which is where I'd like it to show up. This has the same effect as if I had unchecked "notice is active" from the control panel, just like setting the Controller and Action is as you suggested as an alternative.

I really appreciate the effort. I think we'll have to find another way to do it. Maybe a css template change or something of the kind. It's mind boggling that something which appears so simple, just doesn't work.

Update: we got it to work.
Apparently it was an issue with our skin templates that were modified. We reverted the templates and the problem was resolved with your solution.

THANK YOU.

Having modified templates shouldn't be an issue, unless they were marked as outdated after an upgrade.

If you have reverted them, it should be fine to edit them again to add your customisations.

Top Bottom