XF 1.4 Show me example of banned secondary group?

vbuser

All my groups are primary on my vB forum and it works fine. Still trying to wrap my head around secondary group scheme. I don't want to make a mistake and give members permissions they're not supposed to.

I want to be clear about how this works. Say my primary user group is allowed ALL PERMISSIONS. If I create a "banned" secondary group and dissallow all permissions that will overide the primary group?

Banning a user in the ACP using the ban option will prevent them from accessing most things. Therefore you don't actually need to create a banned user group unless its for styling purposes and hence can leave the permissions for that group as Not Set (No).

Banning a user in the ACP using the ban option will prevent them from accessing most things. Therefore you don't actually need to create a banned user group unless its for styling purposes and hence can leave the permissions for that group as Not Set (No).

Indeed. Doing this ensures banned users see the ban reason and lift date (something I had a problem with a while back).

Top Bottom