Lack of interest show if resource was updated from last download

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kintaro

Show to the user a prefix ("Updated") or something like that near the title only if the resource was updated from his/her last download of it.

IMHO it's better a prefix so you can click it and see all the resource needing an update.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know but watching it don't give me the info if from the last download (that 99% coincide with the last install) there's an update or not right? I need to check it manually or there's some thing I'm missing?

If you watch a resource you can specify to watch it with e-mail notification:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/watched

So click Watch Resource, go to your Watched Resources List (above) and select the Resources you want e-mail notification for and click the drop down at the bottom of the page and select "Enable Email Notification".

You will then get e-mail notifications when it's updated.

I know that... but it's not what I'm suggesting.

In practice my idea is to have a simple, direct and automatic view of resources updated from the last download. (like in vb.org)

Show to the user a prefix ("Updated") or something like that near the title only if the resource was updated from his/her last download of it.

IMHO it's better a prefix so you can click it and see all the resource needing an update.
Actually, I just came here to suggest the same thing.
I know if you watch the thread it will give you notification once. What if you are busy at the moment and cant perform update right away. Or lets say you are away for a month or say and all updates gets pilled up. I think its better to have some sort of notification from Xenforo where you can see what resources are been updated after your download.
So you can upgrade anytime you wish !!

Or an option to indicate if you have this installed... This way you could filter the resource list to only show what you have marked installed.
I sometimes have trouble finding the particular add-on to check the version available vs. what I have installed.

Something like this REALLY needs to be implemented for the Resource Manager. Watching a thread results in far too much noise for the more popular addons.

There have been times where an update was included as an attachment within the discussion thread and not posted to the Resource Manager itself. Especially if there are more than one coder working on the addon.

Just watch the resource instead, which is what I do.
Yes but many times when you get the notifications you don't have time/don't want install it immediatly.
Have a list of "updated but not downloaded" addons can be very usefull!(y)

An external solution is make a filter on the eMail client that move Resource Update email in a specific folder/tag. (n)

Top Bottom