Show First Post Only Two

Show First Post Only Two 1.4

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Show First Post Only - Shows first post only to guests.

Description:

Shows first post only to guests.

(Example)

View attachment 118370

(Options page)

View attachment 118371
Features:
  • Option to select which forums are effected.
  • Option to select all forums.
  • All phrases start with showfirstpostonly_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download addon-showfirstpostonly_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy....

Read more about this resource...

hi andy, just trying to figure out what the difference is between this add-on and your other one you made that does something similar.

i'm using your older one now, it seems to have a similar feature set (unless i've missed something)

thanks for your great work!

I have a suggestion that will keep both Google and the admin happy woith a compromise.

Suggestion 1
Allow to set this "first post restrictions" to be applied twice a week only or at a frequency the user decides.
This will help Google crawl the whole content and keep it happy and also bring in new users when the restriction is there..

Suggestion 2
Maybe hide the content in camouflaged spoiler code such that the visitor cant see but google bot can.

Established boards may not like to do it for reasons, but new forums can use the above suggestions. And really newer forums are the ones that need an addon like this!

Last edited:
I have a suggestion that will keep both Google and the admin happy woith a compromise.

Suggestion 2
Maybe hide the content in camouflaged spoiler code such that the visitor cant see but google bot can.!
Google would penalise the site for doing this.

I dont think that will be a problem.
I thought you meant so that the visitor would not be able to see the content but Google can. I don't quite get the point of putting the content in a spoiler that the visitor can then click on and view, if the point of the adddon is to hide it completely.

I meant creatively camoflouging it, although my "Suggestion 1" is more useful perhaps.
In what way?

I

Suggestion 1
Allow to set this "first post restrictions" to be applied twice a week only or at a frequency the user decides.
This will help Google crawl the whole content and keep it happy and also bring in new users when the restriction is there..

'm not sure about suggestion 1 also. So Google would sometimes see content and sometimes not? Would that keep Google happy?

In what way?

I

'm not sure about suggestion 1 also. So Google would sometimes see content and sometimes not? Would that keep Google happy?
About suggestion 2

Having something like "register here and view post"
"Register here" will be bold and colored "view post" will look like a normal word but will b a spoiler code. Just an idea.

Suggestion 1 would work ok if restriction is enforced maybe twice a week. That's my opinion.

Top Bottom