Show Deleted

Show Deleted 2.4

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Show Deleted - Show soft deleted posts and threads report

Description:

When a user deletes a post or thread, that is called a soft delete. This allows the administrator to review the soft deleted item to determine if it needs to be restored or physically deleted.

This add-on was created to quickly display soft deleted posts and threads.

Here's an example of what is shown:

View attachment 57681

Requirements:

This add-on only works on XenForo v1.2 and above.

Installation:
  1. Download showdeleted.zip and unzip...

Read more about this resource...

Really nice mod and I love the fact that you posted a guide how you made it.

I actually have 1000's of soft deleted spam posts that need to be cleaned up and there really is not feature to do it.. If you're going to build on this mod a great feature would be moderation features like being able to select posts and delete them from your mod.

Regards,
Phil

Really nice mod and I love the fact that you posted a guide how you made it.

I actually have 1000's of soft deleted spam posts that need to be cleaned up and there really is not feature to do it.. If you're going to build on this mod a great feature would be moderation features like being able to select posts and delete them from your mod.

Regards,
Phil

This is a great idea.

If you're going to build on this mod a great feature would be moderation features like being able to select posts and delete them from your mod.

Regards,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your kind words.

Being able to hard delete from the add-on would be a great improvement.

Last edited:
inline deletion/restore would be great for this

also, can this be seen by moderators? b/c at that point its pretty much a well managed/organized trash bin

can this be seen by moderators? b/c at that point its pretty much a well managed/organized trash bin

I will make a code change so that any moderator with view deleted threads / posts privileges will be able to use this add-on.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

Thanks for this nice Mod but your query which takes data from delete_log doesn't show all deleted posts. At least for me as we pruned some forum logs recently.

Why not use: select {required_data} from xf_post where message_state = 'deleted' ?
For threads: select {required_data} from xf_thread where discussion_state = 'deleted'.

And it would be nice addition if you expand it to show deleted profile posts too.
select {required_data} from xf_profile_post where message_state = 'deleted' ;)

Last edited:
Any possibility of adding the date that it was soft deleted next to the list of post/threads in case we want to prune only certain one by how old it is?

Also a button to physically delete individual ones instead of having to go to the thread/post individually and deleting it if we don't want do delete every single one at once?

I installed your addon today on XF 1.3 but I can get any "Show deleted" link to show. I double checked the Administrator group permissions, all is good..not sure what's wrong.

Top Bottom