Show Deleted

Show Deleted 2.4

No permission to download
Is there a way to remove the link for deleting all soft deleted threads/posts, or making this an option? One forum I'm working on has a no-hard-delete policy with only a few exceptions, so I would like to have this for searching and individual hard-delete only
Also I figured this out. Just deleted the 2 lines from the template

Just an add-on to my last post: Soft deleted profile posts can be easily removed from the database using an database management application.

The database should never be manually edited in that manner as it will result in orphaned data.

Check or fix what?

If you want to delete posts, do it via the UI, either in the ACP or the front end.

Maybe it's because of my style, but I don't see the link to view the content. What is the url? deletecontent?type=posts&limit=5000 results in a 404

Feeling like it should be a link in admincp tools

I had about 5500 posts to delete. I clicked the delete link. Ran for 15 seconds and then gave me the message "Error: The requested post could not be found.". I Go back to showdeleted screen and it counts some 2600 left to delete but each time I click the link it gives me the error.

Hi @AndyB ... could this mod also include media items too in future versions? I have a bunch of soft deleted media/albums and having to look at a database table to find them all is not ideal.

Thanks!

I had about 5500 posts to delete. I clicked the delete link. Ran for 15 seconds and then gave me the message "Error: The requested post could not be found.". I Go back to showdeleted screen and it counts some 2600 left to delete but each time I click the link it gives me the error.
I had this problem also but I can't remember what I did to get past it. I think it had something to do with the 1st post in the list after running it again and getting the error, but I can't recall now. I think I manually deleted the "error" post and then it would run again until the next error.

I realize this quoted post is several months old...but no one else responded.

Hi Andy, just come across something with this add-on. I was looking for a recently deleted thread today but it didn't show up using this add-on?

The thread was created on the 25th March and deleted by a moderator 8 minutes later, but it doesn't show up in the list? Any idea's? Thanks. :)

2.webp

1.webp

Hi Andy, just come across something with this add-on. I was looking for a recently deleted thread today but it didn't show up using this add-on?

The thread was created on the 25th March and deleted by a moderator 8 minutes later, but it doesn't show up in the list? Any idea's? Thanks. :)

View attachment 131587

View attachment 131586
Hi,
You should scroll down 90 lines :) . Deleted posts are listed first and the deleted threads can be seen after the posts list is finished.

Very nice ad-on!

Im looking for an option to (mass)undelete (restore) deleted post. One of my members soft-deleted more than 160 posts, i want to mass restore them. Is there a way to do this?

If they are recent it's not too bad, you go through the Recent Threads list and check the boxes for all the deleted ones and undelete them. But if they're all over the place, maybe not so easy...

Since upgraded xenforo to latest version (I think it begun at that time), deleting soft deleted threads not work any more. Deleting individual soft deleted post working OK.
I soft deleted test thread, then going to Show deleted link. It shows that thread, but when you click to permanently delete that thread, nothing is deleted. Thread is still only soft deleted in that subforum. After several clicks again on delete that thread, shows error "the requested post could not not be found".
If I manualy go to permanently delete that thread, it working as it should.

1.webp 2.webp 4.webp

@AndyB This is great! Im wondering though if it could have a feature that shows deleted posts per member. Admin/moderator with show deleted posts priviledge could click on a members profile and see their deleted content. Seeing edits could be useful too. A big board has a lot of soft deletes, but I find some members destroying their own content and that content hard to find. It would be great to easily recover an individual members content.

Top Bottom