XF 1.4 Show advertisements, but allow users to buy an upgrade to avoid them

DennisSkov

Aloha, peeps

So, I recently was kicked out from home, I'm soon going to be fired (not actually fired, there's just no more work to be done after November 1st), so I need to think about where and how I spend my money. It sounds worse than it really is. I've always been a little against advertisements. Don't ask me why because I can't give a proper answer.
However, as my situation is right now, I've come to the solution that I can't keep my forum online myself. My XenForo license is not active anymore, and my webserver soon needs to be renewed.

I want to have advertisements show on the forum. However, users should be able to buy an upgrade which disables the advertisements (pay to remove the advertisements + a few other features). How would I do this? Bear in mind that I've never used advertisements in any way before, I have no clue on how to do anything regarding ads.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Hi,

Thanks for the links, Brogan. Right now I'm just trying to get the ads working on the site, but I'm having some issues. After implementing one of the ad codes in a template (ad_thread_list_below_stickies in this example), I can see that the ad now has a place, but it's just white. It doesn't seem like anything is loading.

As I said, I'm new to advertising... :)

Is this because I recently signed up for AdSense? Does Google need to go through the website or something like that to verify something?

If you have just created your adsense account, it can take some time for the ads to start displaying.

If there is a blank square then that essentially means it's working.

Top Bottom