• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

shoutbox please!!!

I've never used a shout box before using Darkimmortal's TaigaChat. So, what makes a shout box better than that one? Are there more features or different ways to display things?

Ive gave them all a shot at one time or another on vB, Some are really light with very little resources being used.. ie: time stamps, etc... Other have bb code buttons color, font size, smilies bla bla bla.. But i like MGC Evo the best because it utilizes channels and respects usergroup permissions on all the individual channels. So i use one channel for members chat, another channel for the arcade smack talk, and another channel for Moderator quick discussions.. Another thing MGC Evo offers is sticky announcements that stay on top, another nice feature is the ability to archive all past chats or set a default time for old chats to be pruned from the DB. Evo also gives you a list of who is chatting. among a plethora of other things.. Including PM's
---
Another nice feature with MGC's Shout Box is the ability to easily edit your shout..

We should have a version of ours out on XF in the next week or so.

It won't be the full pro/lite that is on vB, but we've had a lot of requests from the people who have had a look at our "basic" version to release, so we plan on adding a few things to it, cleaning it up and releasing it for free here on XF, then we'll get started on a proper pro/lite version =)

Top Bottom