• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Shout Box

Cal

Does anyone know of anymore of them? Taigachat just nearly crashed my server. It's far too server intensive. The dragonbyte one is outdated and unsupported since Xen 1 came out. Any help?

Cal

She has yet to respond to a question I asked her 2 months ago. My tech admin asked her a questions 2 weeks ago. No reply to either. I'm not holding my breath. It's a free mod anyways. Can't expect the moon. Just trying to save myself from paying someone to custom code something. :(

Cal

I hadn't. I upped it to a minute. I have the chat running on all pages so I think that's what drives the server resources up so high. Even just one of them on forum-home make a noticeable difference in server speed though. We'll see how it goes.

Cal

No, actually it's only accessible to our donors. There's about 12 donors and about 5 staff members that use the shout box in all. So about 17 people. It's a pretty active feature on the board and the donors don't mind paying to keep access to it. Regular members can't even see the shout box much less participate in it.