Should XF take a more active role in add-on 'retirement'?

What is the outline of "certain level of professionalism"? Curious...

One thing are your "paid" submissions that seems to me that they are more a marketing ploy than a real submission, but there is also some bickering that are made public between disgruntled customers and developers where I think xF should have more defined guidelines and routines (not saying you can't complain, but public bickering usually aren't beneficial for the customer or the developer, which also extends to the posting in the forums).

Errrrm.

My add-ons are priced as I felt they should be due to the amount of time I put into them. I could realistically place those files anywhere, and if wanted, they can go there, contact me and purchase them or download them. Am I right?

Who is to decide what has value and what doesn't?

Errrrm.

My add-ons are priced as I felt they should be due to the amount of time I put into them. I could realistically place those files anywhere, and if wanted, they can go there, contact me and purchase them or download them. Am I right?

I wasn't referring to the ones you are actually selling, more the meme ones where you generated allot of attention due to the price.

I wasn't referring to the ones you are actually selling, more the meme ones where you generated allot of attention due to the price.

What difference does it make which add-on it is? I priced them according to how I felt they should be.

Errrrm.

Agree with Magnus, that your releases are only a marketing ploy for more ways to advertise your site, Some silly price here just to make people say wtf to look at the thread and then to see but then download it free on our site.. If your truly not just trying to advertise your site, why not just release them here then rather then making them go to your site?

As far as pricing due to the amount of time you put into it.. It's good you know just altering some PSDs and not giving credit but instead trying to credit yourself for them, doesn't hold much value since your releasing them for free.. A step in the right direction I guess :D

As outline in the Pirate Fighting suggestions I had, that is why I don't release anything here.

Which I still find ironic since you don't give credit to any graphics you use for your site logo.. etc..

Anyway, why not then just make the price 0.01 like everyone else does, then it wouldn't seem like nothing but a marketing ploy to advertise your site by people clicking it to see why some Memes that exist on 1000's of sites is selling for $179.00 here.. But then oh wait.. It's free on your site.

For the last time, will you two take your personal problems and bickering elsewhere.

I'm not bickering. He asked a question, I replied. Nothing in my posts are bickering.

Someone made the suggestion about the outline of paid add-ons, I asked for his suggestion, replied in a civilized manner. The other person came in with his 2 paragraphs (some of which could have been seen as baiting), which I still answered civilized (referring to the Pirate Combat suggestion). No other remarks were made by me, I don't see how I was bickering.

Top Bottom