Should xF absolve itself of add-on quality control? Are there options? What about the community?

Oh, right.
But I never meant that publishers or users have to blindly accept everything that is being thrown at them. My point was, it's not piracy if you are willing to submit your ressource for a review/test, especially if you have nothing to hide. It comes with benefits... if accepted.
True and I don't argue with your logic , I am however just making sure before that idea gets a bunch of likes and support from non-devs that they understand what it would mean for all the 3rd party devs if the whole scenario were to happen. As mentioned previously I will also reference that I only would trust select people not only for their ability to code and find exploits but for their ability to remain impartial and unbiased when reviewing others works.

True and I don't argue with your logic , I am however just making sure before that idea gets a bunch of likes and support from non-devs that they understand what it would mean for all the 3rd party devs if the whole scenario were to happen. As mentioned previously I will also reference that I only would trust select people not only for their ability to code and find exploits but for their ability to remain impartial and unbiased when reviewing others works.
if you look at the linked phpBB example, the reviewers are those who've released addons themselves.
to my knowledge the reviews are super-deep dives into each line for quality and efficiency.

this should also help with remaining "impartial and unbiased"

these "reviews" arent for a score or rating, but a simple "do they fit X criteria for release... yes/no".

more of an "audit" than a "review" per say.

if you look at the linked phpBB example, the reviewers are those who've released addons themselves.
to my knowledge the reviews are super-deep dives into each line for quality and efficiency.

this should also help with remaining "impartial and unbiased"

these "reviews" arent for a score or rating, but a simple "do they fit X criteria for release... yes/no".

more of an "audit" than a "review" per say.
Nope because trolls exist and this is not free or open source software.

Most of the time mode reviewer or whatever they're called reject great mods/extensions because it doesn't follow "coding guidelines". I'm sure that would annoy most of the people as not everyone likes to follow same coding pattern or style.

Top Bottom