Should Twitter sue IB ?

This all makes me laugh. IPB and vBulletin in the past have been copying each others features to try and better one another for years without any of this stuff going on now. MyBB also got away with creating a very obvious clone of vBulletin it has to be said without any of this.

Why can't IB just accept that forum developers are always going to look at another forum boards strong points and use it for their own forum software if they feel it can benefit from it.
exactly
all companies are copying each other since years, right?

newest example => ipb3 will include soon webdav to edit templates.. (oh wait, 1000 other webproducts use this too.:rolleyes: )

I do feel sorry for vBulletin.
I mean for Xenforo to steal their vB 4 "Trade secret": PHP, OOP, MVC, with WebDAV templates ?
That's really unfair of Xenforo. KAM should have thought of that.
I also think IB should go after the 5,000+ other software companies whom have recently adopted vB4's "trade secret".
They might have trouble considering the 50,000+ software companies that used this same trade secret years ago.

They could turn everything around imo, Drop these silly claims and focus on bug fixing....
I can make any claim I wish. I have no affiliation with XF beyond being a customer. IB won't turn anything around. They have a failing track record. Besides, IB should be the ones to cease and desist with meaningless lawsuits.

I do feel sorry for vBulletin.
I mean for Xenforo to steal their vB 4 "Trade secret": PHP, OOP, MVC, with WebDAV templates ?
That's really unfair of Xenforo. KAM should have thought of that.
I also think IB should go after the 5,000+ other software companies whom have recently adopted vB4's "trade secret".
They might have trouble considering the 50,000+ software companies that used this same trade secret years ago.
I hope that part was in jest and was completely sarcastic.
It was. That's the way he is, lol.

Jesus Chris....st. Can iB get any more stupid? This claim is the same thing as the google analytics code that they [iB] claim they [xF] stole.

And, Twitter sues iB? Carry on! :)

Jesus Chris....st. Can iB get any more stupid? This claim is the same thing as the google analytics code that they [iB] claim they [xF] stole.

Actually I wouldn't mind Twitter Suing IB :p... Maybe it would teach them that in reality they are all bark and no bite...where as companies like Twitter do have a bite with that bark :)

As mentioned before already. IB could be using any dumb excuse they can throw at XenForo, because all they intend to do is bleed them dry financially into submission and it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong about anything they put to the courts. Just as long as it keeps the guys paying for legal costs.

Is there not a law against harassment, distrupting business, or false claims against a business? Surely no one can make claims and not get slapped back by the law, otherwise every business would do it.

Is there not a law against harassment, distrupting business, or false claims against a business? Surely no one can make claims and not get slapped back by the law, otherwise every business would do it.

Yes, but then that would mean XenForo spending more money yet again pursuing that side of things. Which you could argue might just suit IB perfectly looking at their current game-plan of making the guys cough-up as much dough in legal costs as they can!

If IB can keep them paying money taken out sales made from XenForo, which effects their livelihood in turn as a result. They are achieving what they want. Kier and Mike know that and will probably just be glad to see it all come to an end, not continue on further involving other things which they might not win anyway!

Yes there is, but you can only cross that line after these cases go away and are won by xenforo, kier, mike and ashley.

Yes, but then that would mean XenForo spending more money yet again pursuing that side of things. Which you could argue might just suit IB perfectly looking at their current game-plan of making the guys cough-up as much dough in legal costs as they can!

If IB can keep them paying money taken out sales made from XenForo, which effects their livelihood in turn as a result. They are achieving what they want. Kier and Mike know that and will probably just be glad to see it all come to an end, not continue on further involving other things which they might not win anyway!

I suspect XF have some form of conditional fee agreement or insurance that are paying their legal costs.

Maybe, but they wasn't going very long before IB dropped the bombshell. So they might not have had that in place yet, but of course I have no idea it they did or didn't. Only Kier, Mike or Ashley could answer that one.

Top Bottom