Should Twitter sue IB ?

Following and liking is not vB-specific and by their own terminology ("Twitter-like"), they more or less admitted that themselves. It will be up to legal counsel to discount this claim...which should not be very difficult. This is more like vB crying in their beer since someone else beat them to the same idea put to use in a forum. That's one pity party I'm not joining. :D

It's like I mentioned earlier: if it is being worked on, what does that mean? Is it just a note jotted down somewhere, in the middle of development, in beta testing...what? I've seen a couple of my potential ideas get used by others elsewhere. It's just the nature of software development.

LOL, vB just posted another SQL bug on most of the vB 4 scripts, they better focus on making their scripts work versus trying to add new features.

There's always been a problem with forums showing too much information to guests giving away the forum might be dead. Such as forum member count, online now an other stuff. I do think it's better if some of these things are not so readily there for guests to view for obvious reasons. Be it them just not there, or the options permission system widened to switch them all off for guests.

Not saying it will entice people into joining them not being there, but having an empty forum and those statistics displayed to guests don't do you any favours. That was always an issue with vBulletin - too much information displayed to visitors.

LOL, I would rather have a forum that is honest about live activity, remember who's online is a member tool that many people use, versus some forums like Wickedfire and V7N who have their cookie timeouts set to maximum showing hundreds of members online when there might be 5 in reality in the last 15 minutes.

What is even more fraudulent is when they have cookie time outs set to 6 hours and do not allow users to view the actual who's online list unless logged in, sad to say there are a lot of fraudulent clowns running forums, especially SEO and webmaster forums.

That was always an issue with vBulletin - too much information displayed to visitors.
This is definitely true.

Xenforo has replicated this.
On my sites, I often click What's New - to see what is fresh and topical on the new forum.
Sadly, xenforo often replies: "Nothing is new" or "No results found".
REALLY ???? Nothing New ? eeeeeeek. I better leave this dead forum.

What´s New / it shows: "No results found."
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/forum-what´s-new-it-shows-no-results-found.5925/

IB should be embarrassed to admit they have all of these supposed planned features and not ONE has made it into 4.x in the last year and a half. What they've given us is basically bug fixes and recently a mobile skin which is something we should have had 2 years ago.

IB should be embarrassed to admit they have all of these supposed planned features and not ONE has made it into 4.x in the last year and a half. What they've given us is basically bug fixes and recently a mobile skin which is something we should have had 2 years ago.

That mobile skin should be included in the vBulletin Suite.

VB is stating the feed is based on the follow; I believe there should be individual feeds for users regardless.

If you force someone to follow to get a feed, you are cutting out the potential of people who are lurkers and would like to read their content in another medium.

For example; I create a website of Middle East RSS feeds pulling information from all the "top content generators" from middle east forums and categorize them on a website (RSS auto post as threads in subforums). This would effectively increase reach of leading users, the web property, and 3rd party projects that are not directly in affiliation.

Just sayin

Top Bottom