Should I install Zend Sever CE instead of Apache?

Stick with 1 unless you really need more. Need being more than 1000 or so requests per second.

Yes. Last year I hit (my guesstimate) about 6,000 at once. At an exact second? No, but there are a few times a year that everyone goes to our website for results and updates.

Yes. Last year I hit (my guesstimate) about 6,000 at once. At an exact second? No, but there are a few times a year that everyone goes to our website for results and updates.

It will still handle the requests, just some will have to wait a few hundred ms longer. I've found more than one worker breaks on the fly config reloads and makes it so the only way to restart is to killall nginx. If that's not affecting you then by all means use more than one.

It will still handle the requests, just some will have to wait a few hundred ms longer. I've found more than one worker breaks on the fly config reloads and makes it so the only way to restart is to killall nginx. If that's not affecting you then by all means use more than one.

do I still get a benefit of two cpu's each with dual cores if i dont have more than one 1 worker process?

do I still get a benefit of two cpu's each with dual cores if i dont have more than one 1 worker process?

Nginx is by far not where your CPU power will be going. 10000+ requests/sec could be easily handled by one core.

PHP-FPM is where the majority of CPU usage comes from - focus on getting that set up with an adequate number of dynamic processes etc.

Nginx is by far not where your CPU power will be going. 10000+ requests/sec could be easily handled by one core.

PHP-FPM is where the majority of CPU usage comes from - focus on getting that set up with an adequate number of dynamic processes etc.

Ahh.... any recommendations on where to go to look up that type of configuration?

Top Bottom