XF 2.0 Should Android phones have an "attach" option in Conversations?

CZ Eddie

A user asked me why his "attach" shows up in a thread but he doesn't have it in Conversations on his phone (unknown type).
I checked my Android phone's Chrome browser and I do have an "attach" button but it errors out when trying to upload a picture.
I'm guessing this is because it can't read the Android file system?
Are there any add-on's that can make this work?

Steve F

A user asked me why his "attach" shows up in a thread but he doesn't have it in Conversations on his phone (unknown type).
May be something with permissions.
I checked my Android phone's Chrome browser and I do have an "attach" button but it errors out when trying to upload a picture
What is the error? If the phone is running a fairly new OS you shouldn’t have any issues.

CZ Eddie

Thanks, Steve. I'll check out the permissions. In the meantime, from my phone running Android 9 (Pie) and Chrome Beta, I get this error when trying to upload a DCIM picture from my phone into a new test thread:

"Unable to complete previous operation due to low memory"

I rebooted and tested again and got the same error.

Steve F

Try another browser.

You can use the permissions analyzer to assist you tracking down any permissions problems.

CZ Eddie

Weird, Chrome gives the error mentioned above. Dolphin chokes an leaves the entire website when I click on "upload" after selecting a picture. Firefox seems to be working just fine though!

You were right about the permissions.
I hadn't looked at those in a long time and changed a few to "yes".

• View Country Flags
  • Upload attachments to conversations
  • Tag any media items
  • Manage tags by others on own media items
  • Add note on any image
  • Calendar
  • Find member