Shared Hosting

No idea how to set it up but that costs me 3 euros per month, which is good. I don't understand what is causing this Siteground issue as we have gone 3 months without issue and I did just recently set up a new website www.viridimilitis.com but that isn't the problem it is the forums and we only ever as a maximum have 20 people! Normally averaging under 10 probably.

I think something is up with Site5 lately. Over the last month or so we had 6 or 7 new clients sign up moving from them, 4 of which I remember when I did the cPanel move were limited to IP access only due to high CPU usage. None of said accounts reflected those claims looking at stats once moved to us.

This is very common with the "unlimited everything" hosts that cost less per month than a cup of coffee. They have to have some way of limiting the accounts, and it's usually with hidden TOS items or very militant usage restrictions.

This is very common with the "unlimited everything" hosts that cost less per month than a cup of coffee. They have to have some way of limiting the accounts, and it's usually with hidden TOS items or very militant usage restrictions.

Yeap, no real thing as "unlimited"

Would the live updates add-on cause problems? And would having quite a few add-ons too cause problems?

It could, it would depend on how much traffic live thread has, again though as said, with a site your size neither Live Thread or Comet Chat should be an issue. As for the others, a lot can be defined as many different numbers, so would need more of a ball park figure on how many, and which ones.

Wich host was that?

Back in the day, you could expect that out of almost any host. But with the advent of CloudLinux, and other resource-limiting agents, hosts are using them to cram mroe users onto each server, instead of using it to limit abusive clients. Now the shared hosts limit you so greatly to encourage you to spend more money on upgrades to VPS, dedicated, etc.

Top Bottom