Share your forum statistics!

Hotfix

I'm really interested to see how much life is on your forums.

I can go first. The stats from the main page of the ACP.

I'm not running the biggest forum.

stats.png

Hello Hotfix. Pure posting statistics have no meaningfulness. What matters is quality and not quantity. And I know far too many forums in which at least 80% of only worthless spam is present. One-liners or often just emojis / smilies. Like a bad chat-version. That was and is not the point of forums.

Hello Hotfix. Pure posting statistics have no meaningfulness. What matters is quality and not quantity. And I know far too many forums in which at least 80% of only worthless spam is present. One-liners or often just emojis / smilies. Like a bad chat-version. That was and is not the point of forums.
Would you mind to elaborate on why quality matters and not quantity?
I don't believe this is a universal rule, but you can change my mind.

Would you mind to elaborate on why quality matters and not quantity?
I don't believe this is a universal rule, but you can change my mind.
That's actually quite simple and obvious, Hotfix: Postings with substance not only offer added value for search engines and are therefore ranked better. They also offer added value for your members and visitors and are sustainable.

That's actually quite simple and obvious, Hotfix: Postings with substance not only offer added value for search engines and are therefore ranked better. They also offer added value for your members and visitors and are sustainable.
Nothing is simple and obvious in my opinion, @Silmarillion.

If I had to decide between having the best content and few users, and ****posting and lots of users, I would probably choose the latter option.

Having active posters – ****posters or not – kinda gives the forum at least some credibility and it can look more attractive to the visitors.

I believe a lot of this has to do with the environmental factors, too.

It's much harder to rank well in languages such as English than it's to rank well in languages such as Polish or German.

So if your forum is targeted at the people who speak English, you're going to have more competition than the forum that's targeted at the people who speak German.

And if you're the first and the only in your niche, well, how much does the quality matter then?

You see it too one-sided, hotfix. Of course, the English-speaking market is more competitive. But you are also addressing a lot more potential new users. And that is a huge competitive advantage. It is not for nothing that by far the largest forums are all in English. One more thing about content: quality will always prevail in the end. In this way you create and guarantee added value and sustainability. Most of the really loyal and active forum users are a bit older. And with the values I have mentioned, you will bind exactly this target audience to you and your forum in the long term.

Top Bottom