Lack of interest Share someone else's profile post on your profile

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Facebook sharing is actually quite complex. There are only some posts from friends on Facebook that you can share, such as those which have been shared from elsewhere or public posts (I think). Most posts from friends (certainly those that are set to friends only, could be a bit wider than this though) cannot be shared. Quite rightly too due to the privacy chosen by the person who made the post.

Whilst I guess it would be possible to share profile posts on XenForo, it would add a level of complexity to the permissions for profile posts (so that it follows a similar working to those on Facebook). The question is, is it worth the time and effort of the developers to add this? Do you have many members who have asked for this feature? Personally I can't say I've ever seen anyone wanting to do this, people tend to share stuff publicly on the forums in threads.

@Martok I'm sure if the developers were to add "official social network" add-ons it would be well worth their effort. It doesn't have to come with XenForo out the box.

For instance they could add the feature packages below:

Social Network Profile Posts Package Add-On = $150
1. Upload images straight from your device to profile post.
2. Profile Posts with text editor for posts and comments can also insert article links that render image, title, and 100 character description.
3. Clickable posts with a unique URL for each post with endless replies on comments like Twitter.
4. Share other profile posts on your profile, and also share to Twitter, Facebook, G+, ect...
5. Give your profile post feed an actual homepage top tab option like "Home" or custom page top tab option.
6. Supports @ mentions and # Hashtags - search page shows most hashtag count popularity.

Also comes with a widget that can be added to forums page under or above forum boards, and side bar.

Social Network Groups Package Add-On = $250
1. Allow members to create groups.
2. Group feature image and description.
3. Group posts with text editor for posts and comments can also insert article links that render image, title, and 100 character description.
4. Clickable posts with a unique URL for each post with endless replies on comments like Twitter.
5. Group forum 3 category limit.
6. Share group posts on your profile, and also share to Twitter, Facebook, G+, ect...
7. Friendly unique group URL
8. Group event calendar
9. Group Media Gallery
10. Group admincp
11. Give your group feed an actual homepage top tab option Like "Groups" or name a custom page top tab option.

Also comes with a widget that can be added to forums page under or above forum boards, and side bar.

Social Network Pages Package Add-on = $200
1. Allow your members to create a page for their Business, Non-Profit, Brand, Cause, Product, Website or anything else.
2. Page Feature image and description
3. Page admincp
4. Friendly unique page URL
5. Page posts with text editor for posts and comments can also insert article links that render image, title, and 100 character description.
6. Clickable posts with a unique URL for each post with endless replies on comments like Twitter.
7. Share page posts on your profile, and also share to Twitter, Facebook, G+, ect...
8. Page event calendar
9. Page Media Gallery

Some official add-ons for social networking features like the packages above will increase sales for XenForo and increase members for us. This will be a win win and the best social forum software on the market by far.

Top Bottom