Sex Offender Signs Publicly Identify Convicted Predators In Florida

This makes me think of how black people can call themselves the n-word but white people can't. That's a good example of self versus external identity. External tends to be bad because it is imposed.

Actually white ppls can be callin dem dat... you have to check with Chris Rock's video on the acceptable circumstances however. Chris Rock and Charles Ramsey (the CR's) for presodentz!

Typical government stupidity that doesn't help anyone and may even make matters much worse. Not to mention discrimination and obviously it's not allowed by the US constitution. But very few people will care.

Typical government stupidity that doesn't help anyone and may even make matters much worse. Not to mention discrimination and obviously it's not allowed by the US constitution. But very few people will care.
Is that anything like holding an individual in a secured facility after their sentence has been completed because they are a "danger" to the community (it's done all the time currently). :cool:

Is that anything like holding an individual in a secured facility after their sentence has been completed because they are a "danger" to the community (it's done all the time currently). :cool:
They do that here in Aus. When a real nasty sex offender/rapist/murderer etc has served his time, the govt of the day will seek to keep them in to "protect the community"

Violence isn't being promoted. If there was going to be violence, it would be done with or without a sign being posted.

Yes it is. If a group of drunk people leave a bar and are walking home and see this sign heaven knows what could happen (just as an example!). If the sign wasn't there, it doesn't bring the idea to the forefront of their mind.

Identifying them this way will only bring the police more difficulties and arrests in the long run, just wait and see.

I find it unbelievable that some of the posters here are concerned with the privacy of the criminals. What about their victims? No one seems to be concerned about them. Imho, to protect the community from a sex offender is to either put them in jail and throw away the key. Let them get a taste of their own medicine in the showers there :D, or castrate them. Or both. Problem solved.

What is the matter with you? Are you concerned about a sex offender being discriminated? This is so ****ed up.

And what people should care btw, is about the victims and not about the discrimination of the sex offenders, unbelievable.

What is the matter with you? Are you concerned about a sex offender being discriminated? This is so ****ed up.

And what people should care btw, is about the victims and not about the discrimination of the sex offenders, unbelievable.
How does the sign help the victims? I don't think anyone is concerned with the perp. It's more about the process of law.

If one of my family members were the victim, I myself would be glad to see the sign in the yard. Sometimes knowing some justice was given can give closure.

I find it unbelievable that some of the posters here are concerned with the privacy of the criminals. What about their victims? No one seems to be concerned about them. Imho, to protect the community from a sex offender is to either put them in jail and throw away the key. Let them get a taste of their own medicine in the showers there :D, or castrate them. Or both. Problem solved.

So what about murderers? Shoplifters? Burglars? Where do we draw the line? There are penalties associated with certain crimes and if the criminal pays for these crimes, then his or her debt to society has been paid. Don't think that's enough? Then by all means lobby your representatives to extend them. But we have a rule of law and can not just begin to change them capriciously. Does this mean we've forgotten the victims? Nope. But that doesn't mean that we should make other victims in the name of revenge. And revenge is what you are calling for - not justice.

Many things are so wrong with arguments people pose on this.... I will just babel a bit to put some light to it...

________

For the justice system to work....you can not be punished after you have served your sentence. These signs are clearly sidestepping the whole point of the legal system.

The whole point in jail time.. is it being the means for you to pay your debt to society.

_____

LOL putting up a sign...yeah because criminals who rape kids care about the embarrassment of a sign clearly depicting what they are.

The only thing this will do is cause harm to people who were falsely accused and further spike crime rates with MUCH more bloody and violent crimes.

A sign is not helping anything...if you think it is...I believe your kid should have THIEF as a Tattoo on his forehead if he get's caught stealing a candy bar.

All crimes against another person are equal...and should be treated as such, if one deserves a sign so does every other one.

_____

I was robbed at gunpoint, I have been shot, I have been stabbed, I don't see anyone making the little hoodlums who did it put a sign in front of their house.

I have also have had a cop plant false evidence on me...where is his sign.. Why is that not a big deal...I mean he is only a cop? Don't you think everyone should know that he is a dirty cop? Why not put a sign on his lawn and his cruiser so that anyone in arms reach can do what they have to do to be safe.

______

I don't support light sentencing for sex offenders...however do you know how many females make false claims of rape to get even with or ruin a guy's life?

Ask my friend when he gets out of jail in a couple years, or if you are impatient ask the lying slut of an ex girlfriend of his who enjoys her freedom and wealth because she is the daughter of some rich racist parents and when it became known that she had sex with him(a man of another race)...she lied to them saying he wouldn't take no for an answer and they reported it as a rape...she never spoke up and told the truth because in her mind it was ok for someone else to be punished because she couldn't stand up to her racist parents.

And in light of that...when someone is falsely accused, do you make the 'make-believe lying victim' put a sign on their property that says, 'I claim rape to get even.' or 'I spread rumors so that I am the center of attention even if it degrades others lives.'? In the end a fake accusation already ruined the guy's life...but nothing happens in those cases.

For that matter I have had lots of problems in my life because of people who spread rumors or gossip when they don't even know me...if putting up signs is OK I want a sign on every persons lawn who ever slowed down or reverted progress in my life because in my opinion that is unforgivable and from the perspective of my life they are criminals.

______

I think I figured out why people who are against guns want them all banned....I believe it is because they fantasize about being able to freely troll people in face to face life (these signs are a good example), not be held accountable for their instigating ways which are the cause of most aggravated crimes and not have to worry about retaliation that they can't see coming from the person that THEY are now victimizing.

Anyways...you people can go on punishing everyone, let me know when you actually stop a criminal BEFORE he/she hurts someone.

Otherwise...you are just trolling sans internet, and that's what I think these signs are about .....trolling...

Can't say I agree with the sign. I really think it causes more problems than it's worth. It's not about defending the criminal who did something horrible. He served his time and should have the chance to be a better person and a contributing member of society. That's tough to do with a sign like that in your front yard. He f*cked up. OK. It doesn't help any of us if he is using tax payer dollars to survive because he can't get a job or live anywhere because of constantly being threatened by neighbors.

It doesn't help any of us if he is using tax payer dollars to survive because he can't get a job or live anywhere because of constantly being threatened by neighbors.

He/She can't get a job because they are convicted of a felony. That sign isn't going to stop them from getting one, nor are the neighbors.

This is a typical shortsighted response from someone who doesn't understand the real issues at hand. I will leave it at this. Probably not the place for this.

That's not true at all.

Closer to the truth than the fact a sign is in their yard.

On tons of job applications, it simply asks if you have been convicted of a felony, or a crime... whatever it is.

You have a better chance at getting that job with a sign in your yard than you do if you tell them you are a convicted felon.

Closer to the truth than the fact a sign is in their yard.

On tons of job applications, it simply asks if you have been convicted of a felony, or a crime... whatever it is.

You have a better chance at getting that job with a sign in your yard than you do if you tell them you are a convicted felon.
You're only focusing on one part of what I originally said. It's mostly about being able to live somewhere without being threatened by neighbors, which will affect many things, including getting a good job. Yes, location matters.

Top Bottom