1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe Storms

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Apr 30, 2014.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Anyone in an area experiencing storms?

When I went to sleep last night there was a thunder, lightning, lots of wind, rain and a tornado warning. When I woke up this morning there was lots of wind, rain, thunder and a flash flood morning.

One lady drowned in her car in a parking lot at Winn Dixie and some other peeps drowned in their car in a parking lot at Publix. Flash floods usually come without warning and there's no way you can drive to safety fast enough. Don't be caught out there during a storm.

Oh yeah random, for those of you on there wondering why my site's down it's cause I forgot to renew the domain 8th is under. Also moving to Linode.

brentand29.jpg scenichighwaypensacola.jpg i-10bridgeescambiabay.jpg oreillys.jpg burgerking.jpg
    Amaury likes this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Clear skies here, though it was a bit cold earlier this morning (about an hour or two ago) -- 35 degrees. Right now it's 47 degrees.

And great photos!
  3. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

No major damage yet; forecast is for about 5" of rain to fall before the day is over so flooding is expected.
  4. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Bad day huh...
  5. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

"Oh yeah random, for those of you on there wondering why my site's down it's cause I forgot to renew the domain 8th is under. Also moving to Linode."

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Amaury likes this.
  8. stilly

stilly Active Member

Ma nature is real angry this spring, every year you expect weather in the south, this is year is something else, prays to all, horrible, sad,
  9. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

we experienced most those conditions last spring here in Michigan so far nothing over the top extreme this year..
  10. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

It amazes me time after time how the weather in California is so shiny and beautiful while 2-3 hours of flight from here there are tornados and other ugly stuff.
    Amaury likes this.
  11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's was sunny two days later. Took this just now ( I'm in the drive-thru at Arbys).

12. The_Doctor_123

The_Doctor_123 New Member

Yep, we had a considerable amount of wind in California. It took down my school's power.
  13. drastic

drastic Well-Known Member

Set up a storm cam!

Live at 6, Dre gives the weather, on channel 8.
    DRE likes this.
  14. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

We got some fun heading my hometown way.
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 6.40.58 PM.png
  15. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Stay safe, Tracy.
  16. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

No snaky clouds indicated... but LOTS of rain and lightning and 50-60MPH winds forecast.