XF 2.0 Settings for warnings and temporary bans

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
How do I set this so that when a user accumulates 10 points he receives an automatic tenmporary ban until his points expire sufficiently to drop him below that 10 points threshold?

Just now:

Warning actions are only applied when crossing a points threshold. If you define a new warning action (or change the points threshold of an existing one), a user that already has more than that number of points will not have the action applied until their points drop below the threshold and then increase above it again.

It didn't seem to be working. However, I've now edited the previous warning action - but did not change the threshold - to move the user to a new temporary ban group instead of just a regular ban.

I'm not sure which is better.

In either case, does this mean that we have to wait for that user to drop below the points threshold again and then increase to that level?

Also, how often is this warning system updated? What cron job controls it?

Building on this topic, we recently migrated from vB 4.x to XF 2.1 and are having issues with the XF warning system.

First issue is within XF we have set warnings for 1pt permanent, and 1pt expiring. These, we believe are working as intended. We have set warning actions to suspend an account for increasing time periods based on the number of points incurred. In practice, we have had the following:

Member was migrated with 4pts (expired) on their record, and just got a new point. One point does not have a suspension, however the system has moved them into the banned by warnings group. We assumed it was reading all the old vB points and issuing a suspension based on 4+1pts rather than just the incurred 1pt. Is there a way to tell how many points are in effect - and looking at their warning profile doesn't help, as it shows the old pts with their expiration dates.

Second issue is that even for 5pts, the suspension should have been lifted by now. I've checked, and the cron appears set correct but not doing it's job. What should I explore as to why members aren't having the temporary "Banned by Warnings" secondary usergroup removed?

= = = =

Separate, but related, we have a collection of members who were in the "Banned by warnings" group prior to migration from vB. Other than manually reviewing the points and expiration on their profile, how can we ensure that XF is reading their infraction history correctly and will pull them out of suspension when they are due? This may be a moot question if the above are addressed.

Top Bottom