Setting Up Premium Member Program

Alfuzzy

Hi folks. Been wanting to setup a Premium Member Program for a while...but since I haven't done it before...the process seems a bit complex.

Wanted to cover the main steps of setting up this Premium member program (to make sure I'm not missing anything):

1. Set Up website Premium Member user group (define Premium member privileges & benefits).
2. Create some sort of Front End interface for program signup (program advertising, explanation of benefits, and "Join" button).
3. Set Up payment system (I know XF has a system for this...but not sure how exactly how to use it). I do have a Paypal account dedicated for the website.

• Can folks verify if I have the main parts covered in setting up the program...and if missing anything (major or minor)...please identify them.
  • I know there are at least a couple paid for Add-on's that can help with setting up a Premium member program (don't think I saw any free add-on's). Please mention them if you have experience with them...and recommend.

Thanks

Last edited:
Set the base permissions for the Registered user group.

Create the premium user group and set the additional permissions.

Set up a user upgrade at /admin.php?user-upgrades/ promoting to the new user group and list the benefits it provides.
Optionally you can create a page node where you list the benefits in more detail.

Members will be able to purchase an upgrade at /account/upgrades .

Thanks Brogan. Just to be 100% sure...are you saying this is all that's needed to setup a Premium Member Program...or is this what's needed to add a forum member to a Premium Member Program?

Also...you said "Set the base permissions for the Registered user group." I'm not sure I understand.

If I already have a Registered user group (and most members that would want to sign up for the Premium Member program would already be in the current Registered user group)...wouldn't I only need to create a "Premium Member" user group...setup the proper user group upgrade...then they would be promoted from the current Registered user group to the Premium Member user group?

I'm not saying I'm an expert at this...I'm still not exactly sure how the user groups work. My forum was migrated from vBulletin...thus the user groups were migrated & already setup (and some didn't seem to work properly after the migration). I think I would understand things better if the forum & XF had been set up from scratch. Lol

Thanks

are you saying this is all that's needed to setup a Premium Member Program
Yes.
Members would then need to purchase upgrades to take advantage of it.

then they would be promoted from the current Registered user group to the Premium Member user group?
No.
They remain in the Registered user group and are added to the new group as a secondary.

Top Bottom