XF 1.5 Setting Permissions on Nodes after Import

Kleineganz

This should be obvious but I'm new to Xenforo. I recently imported my SMF forum into my Xenforo forum, and that went fairly smoothly (some nodes were messed up, but that was easy to fix). However, many of my nodes are set to have no visibility to anyone (even admins) and I'm finding myself going through each and every node one-by-one and manually fixing this.

I tried to approach it from the group permissions side, but even though I set the admin group to have access to pretty much everything, I still can't see the nodes that have the "view" turned off.

Is there any quick way to reset the permissions (at least for the admin level) across all the nodes at once, or am I stuck going through it all manually?

Thanks! :)

If you mean the 'Display in the node list' option then you could do it with a query:
Code:
UPDATE xf_node SET display_in_list = 1

That will set every node to be visible but only those with the relevant permission to view will actually see each node.

Otherwise if it's permission related, you will have to do it per node/user group.

If you mean the 'Display in the node list' option then you could do it with a query:
Code:
UPDATE xf_node SET display_in_list = 1

That will set every node to be visible but only those with the relevant permission to view will actually see each node.

Otherwise if it's permission related, you will have to do it per node/user group.
That's what I was afraid of because many nodes have the permission to view set to "revoke." So if the permission on the node side is set to revoke at the Administrator level, it looks like even changing the Administrator group permissions cannot override that. Is that correct?

Top Bottom