Setting permissions on an individual resource... How do I?

brucewang

Hello

I see the ability to set permissions on resource categories.

I have setup my paid training courses as individual resources within a category.

But I need to give individual user groups access to the individuals resources after they have paid.

I cannot seem to find a way to do this, nor any documentation on the subject.

How do I do this?

Thank YOU.

This is the feature I asked about before I purchased the software. It is why I purchased the software.

If not resources, then how do I set up a way to sell individual products to my members and give access permissions to members who are already subscribers?

Resources (and forums) are controlled on a per category (or forum) level. You could create categories/forums based on the different permissions and control access by only allowing access to the specified user groups. (You would need to add the users to the relevant group first.)

This is the feature I asked about before I purchased the software. It is why I purchased the software.
Did you ask specifically if it can be done for individual resources as opposed to per category? It's probably good to make sure answers you are given come from staff or very experienced members. People who give answers are not always right, especially if they are new to the software.

You could easily set a different category for each resource. That is what I do.

I am asking about PAID content.
It is my understanding only resources have the paid access feature.
How do i create paid categories/forums?
is there any indepth documentation on this software?

The Resource Manager does not have payment processing built in.
Any paid resources would have to be handled externally, as they are on this site.

The user upgrade system allows you to set payments for your members to be upgraded to other user groups.
Which would then give them access to content which wouldn't otherwise be available.

Our manual explains that here: https://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/

is there any indepth documentation on this software?
https://xenforo.com/help/manual/

I provided that link in your ticket the other day.

Top Bottom