XF 1.1 Setting for Email Option

Ji2myTran

Hi All,

As at the moment, Google no longer provides Google Apps Standard (Free) Edition, so i couldn't follow all steps to set up the setting for Xenforo's Email option as below topic:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/setting-up-google-as-smtp-server-for-your-xenforo.6180/

I want all registered member must check their emails and click on the confirmation link before they can start any posts on the forum. Could anyone can tell me if there are any other ways to set the setting for email option like what i was discribed? I also heared that some of people was tried to use: domains.live.comand it is woked. Anyone know about this?

Thank you in advance! :)

This?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Registration -> Enable Email Confirmation

It should be enabled by default. Unconfirmed users are given the permissions of the Unregistered / Unconfirmed group.

Hi Jake,
I have already enabled "Email Confirmation" option, but what i mean is i want member to received confirmation email sent from my website which included a confirmation links.
Why not send them through your own server?
Hi Biker & All,
Okay, For example: Here is the Secure SSL/TLS Settings of my own server for the email:
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username: welcome@test.com
Password: test12345
Incoming Server: test.mywebsite.net
                        IMAP: Port 499
                        POP3: Port 599
Outgoing Server: test.mywebsite.net
                        SMTP: Port 465
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, could anyone tell me steps by steps how can i configure the setting of email option?
Please help! Thank you.

You shouldn't need any of that. What do you have set up in XF for your email options? Selecting default should suffice for sending registration notices.

You shouldn't need any of that. What do you have set up in XF for your email options? Selecting default should suffice for sending registration notices.

You mean i just need to select on the "Default" of Email Transport Method then member will be able to receive the confirmation (or welcome) email? I was tried by gmail but still cannot receive.

Means, i have tried to configure the email option like this:

Code:
Default Email Address: test@gmail.com (google mail)
Default Email Sender Name: Admin

Email Transport Method: Selected "Default" and checked on "Set return path with -f parameter (recommended, but does not work on all servers)"

and still didn't received any confirmation emails.

Please advice! Thanks!

Dont you have mail server setup?If yes,update your name server with mx record.And what control panel do you have in your server?Pretty much all control panel including free ones will manage mail server for you.

Search for mailserver in your controlpanel,create a mail id there like info@yourdomain.ttl and use that in XenForo ACP to use to send mails.XenForo will take care of the rest ;)

are you using cpanel?

You will probably find that google isn't receiving e-mails because you don't have SPF or DKIM records associated with your e-mail server.

Hi All,

As i have mentioned above, i was tried to use my own mail server and set it as "Default" in Email Transport Method but still couldn't receive any email from my Xenforo forum.

So sad :cry: ... Anyone can help me on this plz?

You should check with your host to ensure email is functional on your server. Also do what MattW stated and ensure your DNS records have the appropriate MX entries for email.

Hi All,

As i have mentioned above, i was tried to use my own mail server and set it as "Default" in Email Transport Method but still couldn't receive any email from my Xenforo forum.

So sad :cry: ... Anyone can help me on this plz?
If you could believe me,I would take a look at your control panel and *try* to solve this for you tomorrow anytime on afternoon at IST(Indian Standard Time).It would be a free service because I dont think I need to charge for this petty work :D.And I would just *try* to solve and if it is any serious server error,I quit because I dont want to worsen it ;).PM me if Interested :)

Staff: If this type of offers is not allowed,Please do notify me :).Still learning rules :)

Top Bottom