XF 1.4 Set up my board, need to turn off forum/Cat character limits

PBNewbie

After a week on mybb, I've decided to create my board with Xenforo. I'm just setting up my nodes and need to turn off character limits on forums and Categories.

I want my site to look like this (see attached screen shot)

As you can see, I need more than 50 characters. Where is the character length limit setting?

Attachments

• Forums screen shot.webp
    Forums screen shot.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 15
I clicked on the link and don't understand any of it. You mean this software has no ability to change a basic setting like character length? Also I found user name character limits as well (15) I want this to be 40. Can a moderator please step in and help me here.

Thanks,

Where do I set font sizes for Categories, Forums, Threads and posts. The defaults are way too small.

Node titles:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Node Title

Thread titles:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Discussion List -> First Row Text

I set user names at 40 but long names are truncated in the postbits. How do I fix this? Also, how do I reset Avatar sizing, I want to display a 320x180 pic but when I upload it is square and blurry.

I set user names at 40 but long names are truncated in the postbits. How do I fix this? Also, how do I reset Avatar sizing, I want to display a 320x180 pic but when I upload it is square and blurry.

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my test forum. Note that the username length restriction is not retroactive to existing users.

Try this style modification for your avatars:

Top Bottom