1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Set up my board, need to turn off forum/Cat character limits

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by PBNewbie, Jul 21, 2015.

1. PBNewbie

PBNewbie New Member

After a week on mybb, I've decided to create my board with Xenforo. I'm just setting up my nodes and need to turn off character limits on forums and Categories.

I want my site to look like this (see attached screen shot)

As you can see, I need more than 50 characters. Where is the character length limit setting?

Attached Files:

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. PBNewbie

PBNewbie New Member

I clicked on the link and don't understand any of it. You mean this software has no ability to change a basic setting like character length? Also I found user name character limits as well (15) I want this to be 40. Can a moderator please step in and help me here.

4. Jake Bunce

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Registration -> User Name Length Limit

PBNewbie likes this.
  5. PBNewbie

PBNewbie New Member

Thanks,

Where do I set font sizes for Categories, Forums, Threads and posts. The defaults are way too small.

6. Jake Bunce

Node titles:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Node Title

Thread titles:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Discussion List -> First Row Text

7. PBNewbie

PBNewbie New Member

I set user names at 40 but long names are truncated in the postbits. How do I fix this? Also, how do I reset Avatar sizing, I want to display a 320x180 pic but when I upload it is square and blurry.

8. PBNewbie

PBNewbie New Member

Also, what's the process for a refund? I saw

This did nothing, I reset both to 14pts and there was no change

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how refunds work, but you can submit a ticket for any questions you may have about your purchase by logging in to your customer account: Customer Login | XenForo

10. Jake Bunce

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my test forum. Note that the username length restriction is not retroactive to existing users.

Try this style modification for your avatars:

11. Jake Bunce

Under the default style those settings are correct.

Make sure you are viewing the same style you are editing. If you are using a customized style then the relevant CSS might be different than what I posted.