Resource icon

Set Default Thread Order for Forums 1.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

ragtek submitted a new resource:

Set Default Thread Order for Forums (version 1.1) - Allows you to set the Default Thread Sort Order on a per Forum Basis

This add-on allows you to define the default Thread Order for each of your forums.
After the installation you'll find the new Options on the Edit Forum Page:
687474703a2f2f696d6736392e696d616765736861636b2e75732f696d6736392f323439322f736f727473742e706e67

repository:...

Read more about this resource...

I think this would play nicely with wainDigo's modification to show alphabetic paging. eg, sorted by thread title with alphabetic paging :)
You two should collaborate.

This is just what I need, installed it and set the forum options, but when viewing said forums, it doesn't show the correct layout :\ is there anything special I need todo after updating forum options for this to show correctly ?

Edit: Do I need to bother with the "dev" folder ?

This is just what I need, installed it and set the forum options, but when viewing said forums, it doesn't show the correct layout :\ is there anything special I need todo after updating forum options for this to show correctly ?

Edit: Do I need to bother with the "dev" folder ?
no, ignore it

you just have to upload the content of the upload directory

if you were able to install it, then everything is uploaded right...

Do you have any addons, which overwrite XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum::_getDefaultThreadSort

no, ignore it

you just have to upload the content of the upload directory

if you were able to install it, then everything is uploaded right...

Do you have any addons, which overwrite XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum::_getDefaultThreadSort

I thought it may be another addon so I disabled them all to make sure it wasn't another mod causing the problem, but just to make sure here are the mods I have insalled...

Installed Addons.webp

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I am preparing to convert my IPB site to XenForo and I really need the functionality of this addon (it's standard in IPB). However the addon appears to have been removed, and I do not know how to make use of the GitHub-hosted source code linked in this thread.

Could someone let me know if this addon is available elsewhere, or tell me how to convert the source into installable addon files?

Alternatively if there is a way to change the default thread sort order on a per-forum basis via direct database queries, that would suffice for my needs.

Thanks. :)

Hey guys, I know this is an old add-on, but we're running 1.1 at the moment and I'd really like to be able to utilize this add-on. It's installed fine, but whenever I select a sort type and click save it says "settings saved" but when I open the node settings again, it's deselected and the sort option doesn't happen. Is there any workaround for this?

Top Bottom