Implemented Set custom url for redirect after addon installation

xf_phantom

In vbulletin we were able to set a own url for the redirect after the installation via
PHP:
define('DISABLE_PRODUCT_REDIRECT', true);
define('CP_REDIRECT', '..';]]>
</installcode>
in the install code

Please allow us something similar in xenforo too

(In my attachment you can find a possible way:) Not sure if it's the best;) )
If the addon needs an redirect, the coder can add a install_redirect attribute to the addon xml addon node

Attachments

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
+1 for this. We run the Joomla! CMS, using a jFusion bridge plugin, with J! as the master, and an additional layer of subscription options before the J! registration stage. So we'd like to be able to redirect the standard XF registration link to our J! site subscriptions page.

I also seem to have inherited ownership of the jFusion XenForo bridge. Including the main J! / jFusion code, and the XF plugin that handles the single signon aspects.

I haven't full grokked the code @xf_phantom posted, and I'm not very familiar with the XenForo API yet, so excuse my ignorance if that patch already does this, but what I would find very useful would be a simple hook called when XF builds the registration link, rather than something done during addon install. This way, the XF side of any kind of bridge product could have it's own configurable registration link in the addon settings.

-- hugh

+1 for this. We recently migrated from vB to XF, having planned the migration for a year, and finally taken the plunge now that the legal issues with XF have been resolved.

Our site uses Joomla! as the main CMS, with a jFusion / XF bridge to the forums, with J! as the master. So we need to point people to the J! side of the site for registration. Easiest way to do this would be to be able to redirect XF registrations to the J! side of the site.

I also seem to have inherited ownership of the J! jFusion XF plugin, including both the main jFusion plugin on the J! side, and the XF addon that handles the single signon. The original authors have moved on, the code had gone into mothballs, and suffered from bitrot. I've gotten it all working again, with the latest versions of J!, jFusion and XF, and it's all working well on my site.

I haven't fully grokked the code that @xf_phantom posted, as I'm not very familiar with the XF API yet, so excuse my ignorance if the code already does this. But what I would find useful would be a hook like build_registration_link, which XF calls when it builds the registration link on page load, so the XF addon could manage it's own option for the registration URL.

-- hugh

Hugh, I think you & our Phantom friend are talking about two different things.

The change suggested is that when you install an add-on (eg: the XF Resource Manager) then as part of the installation process the redirect in the ACP after installation has completed should allow for going straight to the "Options" URL for the XF Resource Manager (eg: admin.php?options/list/xenResourceManager) instead of the generic ACP page. That way users installing a new add-on could be immediately directed to the settings for the new add-on after it is installed.

Hugh, I think you & our Phantom friend are talking about two different things.

The change suggested is that when you install an add-on (eg: the XF Resource Manager) then as part of the installation process the redirect in the ACP after installation has completed should allow for going straight to the "Options" URL for the XF Resource Manager (eg: admin.php?options/list/xenResourceManager) instead of the generic ACP page. That way users installing a new add-on could be immediately directed to the settings for the new add-on after it is installed.

yes:)

+1 for this. We recently migrated from vB to XF, having planned the migration for a year, and finally taken the plunge now that the legal issues with XF have been resolved.

I also seem to have inherited ownership of the J! jFusion XF plugin, including both the main jFusion plugin on the J! side, and the XF addon that handles the single signon. The original authors have moved on, the code had gone into mothballs, and suffered from bitrot. I've gotten it all working again, with the latest versions of J!, jFusion and XF, and it's all working well on my site.

-- hugh

Hugh, I recently became a convert to xenforo after many years with vB and jFusion. I installed the the packages from http://xenforo.com/community/threads/joomla-bridge-using-jfusion.12674/ to give things a whirl, a bit busted as you mentioned.

I would like to apply some resources to the jFusion plugin building on the work you and others have done. If you are agreeable to have some help on the jFusion xenForo plugin that includes some ongoing maintenance with support on perhaps jFusion.org please let me know.

In the meantime I will proceed with my discussions with Henk (jFusion Team member) regarding commissioning of a new plugin or one that builds on previous work.

Top Bottom