Server sluggish, looking for XF dev to optimize and make it fast

PJK

Our server has been sluggish and hasn't been optimized in awhile. Looking for a pro to come in and make it lightning fast - I want to as fast as possible and willing to migrate, if needed. Site has 1.4M posts and ~50k members. Please let me know your cost.

Also, where do people suggest hosting their forums? I'm currently on Knowhost.
Thanks.

All things considered if you want more controls over your utilization you'll want to get into more dedicated hosting i.e. VPS or even a small server. Your server is only as fast as your weakest link, typically shared hosts saturate cores or bandwidth. You can have a lightning fast dedicated server but a slow poorly peered host/DC will make it feel like it's 1994 again.

If you don't want/care to dabble in server config lots of companies offer managed VPS/cloud VPS instances for a bit of money. Generally speaking always faster than any shared hosting.

Reactions: PJK
All things considered if you want more controls over your utilization you'll want to get into more dedicated hosting i.e. VPS or even a small server. Your server is only as fast as your weakest link, typically shared hosts saturate cores or bandwidth. You can have a lightning fast dedicated server but a slow poorly peered host/DC will make it feel like it's 1994 again.

If you don't want/care to dabble in server config lots of companies offer managed VPS/cloud VPS instances for a bit of money. Generally speaking always faster than any shared hosting.
I'm on a VPS now and have been for years. But recently been sluggish and want to make it lightning fast now. Looking for someone who is a XF expert to resolve it. Thanks.

Top Bottom