1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Server Reverting problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Devilwillcry4you, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Devilwillcry4you

Devilwillcry4you Active Member

I went to my host and they said it's a Xenforo issue, I have noticed that over the past couple of days at different times the forum would revert back a couple of days. Other times it's fine. Has anyone had this issue?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

XenForo can't do that on its own.

There is nothing in the code which could roll back the users/threads/posts several days.

3. Devilwillcry4you

I was thinking that myself, but after aggrueing with the host all morning they just brushed it off as a Xenforo issue.

4. Brogan

Consider changing hosts then.

The only thing which can roll back a database is by doing a restore of a previous backup.

5. Devilwillcry4you

Thank you, I didn't think so but I can now go back and say it's not a software issue.

6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

@Devilwillcry4you I've heard this before and experienced this as well (first hand).

Please check to see if your host is in this list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

If it is you may want to read this
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/editorials/websites-blogs/hostgator-alternatives-eig-pt1.htm

Then run and seek a better provider. There are many who advertise on WebHostingTalk.com

I've been "moving" people for the last few days because of odd behavior such as this, not only on XenForo, but WordPress, vBulletin, IPB, phpBB, FluxBB, and various other developments.

Devilwillcry4you likes this.
  7. Devilwillcry4you

Funny you mentioned wordpress I just updated 2 plugins this morning and just now it asked to do them again on 2 separate sites.

8. Adam Howard

It is a hosting issue.

I personally have theories as to why it is happening. But I don't know for sure. I do know other people have been experiencing this (regardless of the software development they were using).

My theory is that they're trying to implement some sort of true cloud network. Of course that's one theory. Because I first ran across this when trying to upgrade someone's site.

It upgraded, then suddenly everything was reverted. But oddly, sometimes when I revisited the site, it was back to the way I had it (completely upgraded). Then I would visit it again & found it reverted. I had to keep applying it over and over, before it took.

It was a weird "doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde" type thing.

But never the less you're not alone and it's not XenForo or the software you are using.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  9. Brogan

Did your host claim that was a XenForo issue too?

10. Devilwillcry4you

Thank you for letting me know. I have recontacted them and waiting to see what happens.

Adam Howard likes this.
  11. Devilwillcry4you

They tried, but they are know saying it could be on their end.

Adam Howard likes this.
  12. Adam Howard

The Forum Heroes likes this.