XF 1.5 Server errors

kadona

I am getting heaps of server errors and have been advised (after a lot of dummy questions) :
  • to limit the search option to registered users
  • In addition to this pruning the search table and cleaning it from old data would definitely speed up the searches.
Taking into account that I am a true dummy in these matters could someone please tell me simply
(a) how to limit the search option to registered users and
(b) how to prune the search table and clean old date from it.

Much obliged.

What errors are being logged?

In addition to this pruning the search table and cleaning it from old data would definitely speed up the searches.
Who said that?

The search index contains all of the data required for searches.
Pruning and cleaning it isn't an option, if you want members to be able to search.

The search table is automatically pruned periodically so there's nothing to do there.

(a) how to limit the search option to registered users
Remove the search permission for the unregistered user group.

Who said that?
The Host advised it.
The search index contains all of the data required for searches.
Pruning and cleaning it isn't an option, if you want members to be able to search.

The search table is automatically pruned periodically so there's nothing to do there.
That is good news indeed!

The first screen shot below are the errors that fill up pages and pages.
The second screen shot is where I hope I have removed the search permission for the user group.
If not please advise.

Thank you very much Brogan.

Attachments

• Server errors.webp
    Server errors.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 4
  • search restricted.webp
    search restricted.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 5
The permission setting is correct to disallow guests from searching.

The errors are due to your host/server limitations (it's annoying when poor hosts blame us for their problems/configuration) - they will need to increase the number of available connections or you may need to consider a different host.

Thank you for the confirmation Brogan. When you say that they will need to increase the number of available connections - is that what a managed system does?

I think it is called a VPS where one can upgrade one's blog.​

Top Bottom