XF 1.5 Server Errors

PumpinIron

I'm getting a few server errors being logged in the admin section. Here's what they look like:

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 9.00.03 AM.webp

One says "User tjforum_admin has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections"

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 9.00.14 AM.webp

The next one says "Resource temporarily unavailable"

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 9.00.27 AM.webp

Not even sure where to start with these, so I'm hoping you guys might have an idea, or maybe you've seen this before?

The max connections is a limitation imposed by your host.

It could be that it is particularly low, or it could be due to some sort of DDoS/flooding, or an add-on causing it.

The second error is related to the same issue.

Got it. I've got a dedicated server so I may be able to fix this myself without calling up the hosting company.

Is this something that would be found in the php.ini file I assume?

Found it in WHM through the PHP Configuration editor settings. I changed it from 128 to 256. We will see if that fixes the issue.

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 9.13.07 AM.webp

As always, thanks for your prompt response, and your help!

Not sure.. but if it's a PHP option you changed, it won't effect it. That is a DB error from MySQL telling you that there are more connection attempts than the variable in my.cnf is configured for.
The variable is the max_connections one, and the my.cnf should either be located at /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf (typically).
This could be due to a lot of valid traffic, or a typical WordPress DDOS attack.

Top Bottom