Lack of interest Server errors that have been reviewed should be hidden

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

JackieChun

I usually delete most server errors from the admin panel once the issue has been addressed, but I also keep some of these errors for records or future reference. As a UI/UX matter, the admin panel should not be telling you that you should review server errors that you have already reviewed, and it certainly shouldn't be telling you to review them with the sense of urgency that it currently displays.

U8WESIs.png

The same goes for the second line in the screenshot ("missing or modified files"). I routinely edit javascript files from add-ons and don't need to see this error with a huge pink X circle every time I am in the admin panel, not to mention that it takes up quite a bit of valuable screen real estate. Perhaps reviewed errors should be relegated to a separate screen (something like an inbox), but they should not continue to be in your face indefinitely.

@Chris D reports that XenForo doesn't track which server errors have been read, so I am suggesting that it should. It would only add one bit of data per error to the log and increase usability tremendously.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Was just coming to suggest this same idea.

After awhile of seeing both these warnings ALL THE TIME they lose their impact, which is not want you want. Both these warnings could be much more useful and retain their impact if the reported errors/warnings could be dismissed after being read/acknowledged but still saved for later review.

I also suggested this other related suggestion a while back:

Top Bottom