1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Server errors and ip problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by hterrag, Jan 8, 2015.

1. hterrag

hterrag Active Member

After my host announce that one of their servers had problems and my site was inaccessible for few hours then when my site came back online there were some problems:

1. I keep getting this error in the log:
    ReCAPTCHA connection error: Unable to Connect to tcp://api-verify.recaptcha.net:80. Error #110: Connection timed out

2. IP problems:
    Most of my members are sharing a same IP address which is strange and since I have the Alter Ego Addon
    it is saying everyone is the same person.

How can I fix this? Please help...

2. hterrag

hterrag Active Member

Even my IP is not my real IP i think its my host's IP. What is going on???

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's possible that IP addresses are being overridden by the server IP address.
    What is the actual IP address being reported for all members?

If you haven't installed any add-ons recently then this is more than likely due to a change your host has made on the server.

See this post for example: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/all-users-have-the-same-ip.74440/

4. hterrag

hterrag Active Member

Thanks for the link, that solved my IP address problem and I'll wait to see if that solves the ReCaptcha error also.

But wait...before this I didn't have to do that for the IP address. Since I've already open a ticket to my host so should I let it be first the way it is without the fix and see if they can fix it without me doing anything on my end?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In your original post you mentioned there were server issues, so I suspect your host made the change.

6. hterrag

hterrag Active Member

Okay thank you!

7. hterrag

hterrag Active Member

Bump..

I still have this problem:
    ReCAPTCHA connection error: Unable to Connect to tcp://api-verify.recaptcha.net:80. Error #110: Connection timed out

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your server is unable to communicate with reCAPTCHA. That is outside the control of XenForo.

9. hterrag

hterrag Active Member

Okay thanks for the reply, will check back with my host.