XF 2.0 Server errors all related to one single file.

jr777

I'm getting server errors whenever I turn on one of my addons. Does anyone know what these are related to? I can't get the addon to work properly on my site; it won't run the cron entry to cycle through photos. Andy thinks it's a problem with my server, but beyond that I don't know anything. All the other addons and everything else works just fine. I only get errors when this particular addon is activated.

Screenshot from 2017-10-30 14:05:46.webp

It looks very much to me like an issue with the code. It’s hard to be sure but if for example there’s a dodgy record in the Attachment table, that obviously shouldn’t be there, but it would be down to the code which interacts with that to be “safe” against such problems.

I can’t think of any specific server issue that would generate such errors though.

It looks very much to me like an issue with the code. It’s hard to be sure but if for example there’s a dodgy record in the Attachment table, that obviously shouldn’t be there, but it would be down to the code which interacts with that to be “safe” against such problems.

I can’t think of any specific server issue that would generate such errors though.
Thanks.

I'm trying to use the header thumbs addon, but I can't get the cron entry to run. Every time I install it, it refuses to cycle through the photos like it's supposed to, plus I get all these error messages. Someone on another forum suggested it might be the file permissions, so I changed the permissions to 777 for that particular file and I'm still having the same problems, so nothing appears to have changed.

Here's a screenshot of the error log:

Screenshot from 2017-11-04 20:01:55.webp

You created a second thread about this (now merged) but my comments from before still stand:

If it was indeed a server error I would suspect it to be related to permissions (which you have now ruled out) but even so, the add-on shouldn't be throwing anything like these errors.

Generally most developers would be able to convey why an issue is a server issue rather than a code issue, but if they're unsure they can always post in the XenForo development discussions forum and other developers will be happy to cast their eye over the code to verify.

@AndyB is there a particular reason you do not believe this to be an add-on bug? Please do post a thread in Development discussions with code examples if necessary. Sometimes such things aren't directly caused by problematic code but can at least be handled in a "safer" way.

@AndyB is there a particular reason you do not believe this to be an add-on bug? Please do post a thread in Development discussions with code examples if necessary. Sometimes such things aren't directly caused by problematic code but can at least be handled in a "safer" way.
I certainly don't want to imply that the addon is bad. As far as I know, I'm the only one having this problem. My only concern is finding out whether my server is having issues in terms of compatibility with Xenforo, and if that's the case what I can do to improve it.

I would also add that I'm very grateful to everyone for helping me with this issue.(y)

Top Bottom