• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Server Error

The following error is showing up in my error log in ACP. As a result, it seems I cannot update the cache, add-ons or anything else.

Code:
#0 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/Model/Option.php(0): SimpleXMLElement->__construct()
#1 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/Deferred/ImportMasterData.php(21): XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsDevelopmentXml('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#2 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php(61): XenForo_Deferred_ImportMasterData->execute(Array, Array, 9.9994080066681, '')
#3 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(252): XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute(Array, Array, 9.9999969005585, '')
#4 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(378): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.9999969005585, '', false)
#5 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(331): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(147): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#8 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/content/45/12080645/html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Code:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(61) "http://www.animeinspirations.com/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(42) "http://www.animeinspirations.com/admin.php"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}
Can't really diagnoise the issue.

This line here:
#1 /home/content/45/12080645/html/library/XenForo/Deferred/ImportMasterData.php(21): XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsDevelopmentXml('C:\xampp\htdocs...')

Seems to be pointed toward a directory for my local install (which I admittedly was having some trouble with) and I'm not too sure why that is. Any help on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You've chopped off the actual error message.

However, I suspect that you need to reupload files (particularly those in install/data).

Ok sorry the error message was:

Server Error
String could not be parsed as XML

Do you suggest re-uploading all of the Xenforo files, overwriting the existing files? I did try that for the install/data folder but no luck so far.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Run the file health check option. Does anything show up there as not containing the expected contents?

When I do a file health check, this is the results:

File Health Check
Potential Problems
  1. library/Waindigo/Listener/LoadClass.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Waindigo/Listener/Template.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  3. library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplateHook.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
I assume this points to a Waindigo add-on. That being said, could this be the trigger for my ACP errors? Again, I can't seem to upgrade addons, update caches or run any other type of process, as I get the error above (String cannot be parsed as XML). How would I resolve the issue? Reuploading files? Uninstalling the addon? I tried both with no success, uninstalling cannot complete as I cannot run any type of process in the ACP, and for reuploading, I tried to replace the files but that didn't seem to resolve anything. Really stumped on this whole issue.

I'm on Xenforo 1.2.4.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Disable all add-ons and confirm the issue. It's unlikely to be caused by an add-on though.

At this point, it's possibly sounding like XML has been broken on your server. If it still occurs with all add-ons disabled, please submit a ticket with FTP and ACP details and I'll look into it.