1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Server Error when users attempt to register

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Yusareba, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Yusareba

Yusareba New Member

Unregistered users are receiving server errors when attempting to register. When going to ACP>tools>server error logs it is flooded with the following:

the error expanded is:

Sorry for the inefficient posting of the error. Does anyone have any advice for me? :\
  2. Yusareba

Yusareba New Member

I honestly believe it has something to do with an add-on that I attempted to use earlier today. I was attempting to understand user groups and utilized this:

however at the bottom, I was taught that I didn't need the addon at that this would suffice:

Original conversation is located here:

TL;DR: I jumped the gun and installed an add-on that I didn't need and it effectively made the user registration process explode on itself. Solution?
    Fortunately this a brand new forum, with only two members (Myself included), so If I need to wipe out and replace a parent folder somewhere, It wouldn't be a loss.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Looks to be an issue with an add-on (is it disabled?) - possibly "brapp" or a conflict with another add-on.

You would need to contact the developer of the "brapp" add-on for support in the first instance.
  4. Yusareba

Yusareba New Member

Interesting. I believe you're right. It seems to be working again after enabling ALL add-ons. Now to determine which one is causing the error and what to do to avoid it. Thank you.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Disable them one at a time until the error reoccurs - that will help you identify it.

The problem is due to an incorrect database setting for the field- the author can resolve it very easily.