Server Error Message:

CritiKiL

Server Error
file_get_contents(http://api.bit.ly/shorten?version=2..._b99ecf43780571ec3ebc77e6c86d0af1&format=json): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_get_contents() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 255
  3. bitly->getResult() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 143
  4. bitly->shorten() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 67
  5. twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XfAddOns/BumpThread/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 28
  6. XfAddOns_BumpThread_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionBump() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forumck/public_html/index.php at line 13

This happens whenever I try to BUMP, Post, Reply to any thread in 2 of 4 forum areas. It worked before but now 2 forums I have give me this error message and the other two work fine - how can I fix it?

Ok, I disabled the BumpThread addon, and then I got this:

The following error occurred:
file_get_contents(http://api.bit.ly/shorten?version=2..._b99ecf43780571ec3ebc77e6c86d0af1&format=json): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_get_contents() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 255
  3. bitly->getResult() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 143
  4. bitly->shorten() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 67
  5. twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 1047
  6. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line530
  7. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 504
  9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in StopAllCaps/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 30
  10. StopAllCaps_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forumck/public_html/index.php at line 13

I keep seeing something related to twittertopics/DataWriter. You got some add-on that deals with Twitter topics installed?
It's been soo long I remember what exactly I have but we are now back to the original server error (because I re-enabled BumpThread since it was not the cause of my issues).

It's been soo long I remember what exactly I have but we are now back to the original server error (because I re-enabled BumpThread since it was not the cause of my issues).
You need to check your add-ons for something to do with Twitter.... that may be causing a conflict - and a secondary conflict with the Bump Threads add-on.

Update: So this is what I did: I simpy just created 'new' forums and copied the permissions and etc to the errored forum, then hid the errored forum to delete it after I'm sure I have no more problems! I simply cannot be an addon error, if the other forums in the xenform are working IMO - Seems there's just some error with that forum itself. ;)

Top Bottom